W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > October to December 2010

Minutes Oct 7 2010 SVG WG telcon

From: Anthony Grasso <Anthony.Grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 21:53:25 +0000
To: W3C SVG Comments List <www-svg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <923A4276C1903646BE5299CA8462B0A00575BE@EXM02-WVP.cisra.canon.com.au>
http://www.w3.org/2010/10/07-svg-minutes.html

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                   SVG Working Group Teleconference

07 Oct 2010

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/07-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          [Microsoft], ed, anthony, ChrisL, +39.537.7.aaaa, tbah,
          Shepazu

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          anthony

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]TPAC Issues
         2. [5]ISSUE-2331
         3. [6]ISSUE-2353
         4. [7]ISSUE-2339
         5. [8]Public-FX
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 07 October 2010

   <ChrisL> anthony, are you in a position to quickly turn the crank to
   update the test suite status?

   <ChrisL> zakim +39 is tbah

   <pdengler> scribeNick: pdengler

TPAC Issues

   ed: ACTION: Setting up meeting with CSS Group
   ... Will there be a session for publicFX?

   ChrisL: Yes, there will be a meeting for that task force
   ... No time yet established
   ... Will we need a phone

   anthony: chance I'll be attending

   ed: Will Tav be dialing in?

   pdengler: what are our options for getting a phone?

   ChrisL: I've asked for a regular call in phone

   <ChrisL> a polycom bridge thing

   ed: Got an email from Alex asking to fill out the form and asking
   whether or not we need a flip cord

   ChrisL: I already asked for this

   <ChrisL> already asked for a polycom phone and a flip chart

   ChrisL: they are allocating rooms

   pdengler: If I have payed have i regesitered?

   ChrisL: Not necessarily

   <shepazu>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/registrants#Svg

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/registrants#Svg

   <ChrisL> [11]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/

   <shepazu> [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Registration

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Registration

   shepazu: that's 6 of us if Tony can make it

   pdengler: (galaga sounds)

   <ChrisL> zakim who is making noise?

   ed: Any items that we want on the agenda for TPAC

   ChrisL: Are we expected to have implementations ready by then?

   ed: I wanted that as another topic
   ... Unless we have the report it is not going to be done at the
   time, and it depends upon how many tests there are

   pdengler: We discussed that we wouldn't get this done mostly because
   we want to get the microsoft tests reviewed and the analysis about
   potential name chages from Microsoft for some of themn

   ChrisL: I've done 'de-red-ding' (removing red)
   ... Which is why I was asking Anthony to run the status regen, but I
   am basically down to basic shapes
   ... I wanted to get a better handle on how we were doing

   anthony: I went through the test suite to generate the XML
   impelementation report file and some just don't have approval

   ChrisL: I think there are more now than there were yesterday

   anthony: There were only 300 or so tests that had been accepted

   ChrisL: last one that was run was a month ago

   ed: When can we have then, the full list of tests?

   ChrisL: I am 3/4 done.

   pdengler: Does that include the ones Microsoft submitted?

   ChrisL: No, mine was for the previous, older ones
   ... We should talk about the recent tests and go through those

   pdengler: Last conf call we discussed Microsoft's effort to do an
   all-up surface review to help modularize the test suite so
   developers can understand the support for SVG better across
   impelemntations

   <ChrisL>
   [13]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/test_suite_stat
   us.html#

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/test_suite_status.html

   anthony: I see 408 accepted tests now

   ed: I would like to have the template ready to test before TPAC

   What does testing before TPAC mean?

   ed: If we have some preliminary results from some implementations,
   we can start doing the implementation report
   ... we don't expect the tests that have already been accepted to
   change, and we can therefore test and rely on those results
   ... the tests that are already accepted should be tested

   <shepazu> scribeNick: shepazu

   pdengler: I hear what you're saying...
   ... there's a set of tests that we all agree on and are stable
   ... and doug is saying this doesn't preclude us from recategorizing
   them
   ... my question is, are we going to publish the results before the
   recategorization and analysis

   ChrisL: depends on what you mean by publish
   ... we need to get a sense of where we are, to push implementations
   ... this will not be the final implementation report that we publish
   for transition from CR to PR to Rec

   pdengler: so, with regard to new tests... we would like to submit a
   few more tests for inclusion in the implementation report

   ChrisL: we are open to reviewing them

   ed: I think they are nice tests, just a matter of resources

   ChrisL: I've reviewed about half of the new MS tests
   ... of the first lot

   ed: I'd like to prioritize the tests relevant to second edition

   pdengler: what was the quality of the tests, ChrisL?

   <ed>
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/014
   0.html

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0140.html

   ChrisL: the first tests had some errors, but they have improved over
   time
   ... most are straightforward
   ... I haven't looked at the more recent batch

   ed: the ones I've seen I had to adapt to the test framework, which
   is a pita

   pdengler: that's because SVG fonts is in the template

   <ChrisL> which are used for labelling text. its not needed to pass
   the tests

   <ChrisL> i would expect the svg 2 test suite to use woff fonts

   shepazu: I think we should go through some tests and report errors
   that make them hard to review, so microsoft can improve conformance
   to the template

   <ed> some feedback from me on the last batch of tests:
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/013
   6.html

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0136.html

   <pdengler> shepazu: We will push through some spot testing (Doug,
   Chris, maybe Tony) of recently submitted tests on Monday

   <pdengler> pdengler: How about we adjust the tests based on the
   feedback first (the tests we submitted0

   <pdengler> pdengler: If that is before Monday we will let you know

   <ChrisL> nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'

   <pdengler> pdengler: plan is to start spot testing on Monday

   <pdengler> anthony: I am redoing status report now

   <pdengler> ChrisL: on the subject of implementations, alex danilo is
   sending his work so I will run the tests

   <pdengler> pdengler: I have some opinions on backward compat and
   "promoting" attributes to properties at a high level which I am
   still working through

   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010OctDec/0013.html

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010OctDec/0013.html

   <ed>
   [17]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/test_suite_stat
   us.html

     [17] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/test_suite_status.html

   <ed> think you need to install Image::Magick (via CPAN)

   <anthony> [18]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2331

     [18] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2331

ISSUE-2331

ISSUE-2353

   <ChrisL> ISSUE-2353?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-2353 -- Last Call Comment: Clarify coordinates for
   feImage. -- raised

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2353

     [19] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2353

   <ed>
   [20]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/filters.html#Filter
   PrimitiveSubRegion

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/filters.html#FilterPrimitiveSubRegion

   <ed> "the default subregion is 0%,0%,100%,100%, where as a
   special-case the percentages are relative to the dimensions of the
   filter region, thus making the the default filter primitive
   subregion equal to the filter region."

   <ed>
   [21]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/filters.html#feImag
   eElement

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/filters.html#feImageElement

   <anthony> Scribe: anthony

   TB: The the change regarding that issue is fine

   <ChrisL> issue-2339?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-2339 -- Last Call Comment: definition of azimuth,
   elevation for feDistantLight -- open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2339

     [22] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2339

ISSUE-2339

   <shepazu> scribenick: anthony

   AG: Hoping to have my investigation finished for the telcon nextweek

   <ed> [23]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/products/24

     [23] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/products/24

   ED: That's the list of last call issues

   CL: If people let me know when we are in good shape I'll do another
   update

   AG: Might be worth doing an update end of next week

Public-FX

   ED: Noticed that CSS wanted to have premultiplied values for the
   gradient interpolation

   CL: The idea is to get around a grey effect that they didn't like
   ... I've made a change to CSS Color which says that transparent
   gives you transparent black

   DS: This touches on the topic before
   ... where SVG has a separate opacity

   CL: Means that SVG needs to deal with RGBA
   ... and it the just need to multiply together
   ... it's not too hard for us to add that
   ... and we already have the infrustructure to add that
   ... Opera already implements that

   ED: FF since v3.5 IIRC has that as well

   trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2010/10/07 21:39:01 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [26]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/I will be attending/chance I'll be attending/
Succeeded: s/408/408 accepted/
Succeeded: s/we don't expect these to change/we don't expect the tests
that have already been accepted to change, and we can therefore test an
d rely on those results/
Succeeded: s/alexdanelo/alex danilo/
Succeeded: s/New version of FF/FF since v3.5 IIRC/
Found ScribeNick: pdengler
Found ScribeNick: shepazu
Found Scribe: anthony
Inferring ScribeNick: anthony
Found ScribeNick: anthony
ScribeNicks: pdengler, shepazu, anthony
Default Present: [Microsoft], ed, anthony, ChrisL, +39.537.7.aaaa, tbah
, Shepazu
Present: [Microsoft] ed anthony ChrisL +39.537.7.aaaa tbah Shepazu

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 07 Oct 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [27]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/07-svg-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/07-svg-minutes.html

   End of [28]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be the subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the information from your system.
Received on Thursday, 7 October 2010 21:54:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 7 October 2010 21:54:32 GMT