Re: Error in linking-a-07-t.svg

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:43:38 +0100, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 1:23:28 PM, Erik wrote:
>
> ED> Hello svg-wg,
>
> ED> I think this testcase has partially invalid pass criteria:
>
> ED>    http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/linking-a-07-t.svg
>
> ED> I think that the leftmost blue arrow should open the link in the same
> ED> frame, not in a new window/frame/tab. I tested this in webkit,
> mozilla and
> ED> opera and they all behaved like that.
>
> I agree it should.
>
> I remember writing that test, and it was partly an exploratory/UA test.
> Its derived from linking-a-04-t.svg (which has three arrows), using
> @xlink:show on the left (default, new, and replace) and comparing this
> on the right with the same arrows which also have @target. The aim was
> to check whether @target overrode @xlink:show (it does) and this fed
> into spec clarifications.

Ok.

> Perhaps the test would be clearer if the left and right halves were
> split. The right half is a test for the priority of @target over
> @xlink:show. The left half is much the same as  linking-a-04-t.svg.
> Please check the blue arrow in linking-a-04-t.svg as well.

linking-a-04-t looked ok to me.

> We still lack a test for the other values of @target. I see that
> linking-a-07-t.svg is empty, and volunteer to fill it in with an @target
> test.

I'm guessing you meant
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/linking-a-06-t.svg?

> ED> If there are no objections I will update the pass criteria for that
> ED> subtest to say:
>
> ED> [[ Upon clicking the left-most blue arrow, the image of the
> ED> linkingToc-t.svg
> ED> file should replace the initial view of this test case in the viewer
> ED> frame. ]]
>
> Yup, although if you agree about the split, that would be in
> linking-a-04-t.svg. If not, then yes update it. But then the test
> purpose and pass criteria need to be better explained.

I think it's fine to keep the two columns of arrows in this testcase,
helps to illustrate the difference.

I've committed above fix now, and in the process I converted the old
testcase description to the new format with pass criteria and operator
script.

Cheers
/Erik

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group