Re: Error in linking-a-07-t.svg

On Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 2:20:28 PM, Erik wrote:

ED> On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:43:38 +0100, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>> We still lack a test for the other values of @target. I see that
>> linking-a-07-t.svg is empty, and volunteer to fill it in with an @target
>> test.

ED> I'm guessing you meant
ED> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/linking-a-06-t.svg?

Yes :)

ED> I think it's fine to keep the two columns of arrows in this testcase,
ED> helps to illustrate the difference.

OK

ED> I've committed above fix now, and in the process I converted the old
ED> testcase description to the new format with pass criteria and operator
ED> script.

Great. I think the initial description is too generic though (copied from another test) and does not really express what the test is about.

I would replace

Verify the capability to handle basic links out of SVG content
using the 'a' element, with the xlink:href attributes.

with

Verify that the target attribute on the 'a' element takes precedence over the  xlink:show attribute.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG