Re: ISSUE-2253 (foreignobject-context): <foreignObject>s should be allowed as children of container elements [SVG Full 1.1]

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:06:58 +0100
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: public-svg-wg@w3.org
On Friday, March 27, 2009, 7:39:31 AM, Cameron wrote:

CM> Cameron McCormack:
>> Sort of related: the SVG 1.1 DTD also does not allow a <switch> to be a
>> child of a <switch>.  Since a <switch> is just a container that
>> selectively chooses which child to render, and can itself have
>> conditional attributes on it, why shouldn’t it be allowed to be the
>> child of another <switch>?

CM> That’s wrong, sorry: it’s included via the %SVG.Conditional.class;
CM> entity.  (Is it just me, or is the SVG DTD not the easiest thing to
CM> read? :))

Welcome to the wonders of making DTDs modular.

If uo have an xml editor like oxygen or similar, try loading the DTD and in the part where you convert between one schema language to another, convert it to a DTD. This will flatten it, so it becomes a readable (but repetitive) monster flat DTD.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG