Re: trait accessors for animation

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:48:19 +0100, Lee Martineau <lee.martineau@quickoffice.com> wrote:

> Hello WG,
>
> The table of supported traits at http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#TraitSupport states, under the row for the fill property:
>
> "There are no trait accessors for the animation element 'fill' attribute."
>
> Is this referring to the 'animation' element, or the group of five 'animation elements' (animate/color/motion/transform/set)?

I think it's referring to the SMIL 'fill' attribute, which according to the attribute appendix can be found on the following elements:

  animate, animateColor, animateMotion, animateTransform, animation, audio, set, video

I think it would be a good clarification if a link to the definition of 'animation element' was added, http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/intro.html#TermAnimationElement. And we might consider adding 'media elements' to the sentence as well, http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/intro.html#TermMediaElement.

Cheers
/Erik

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group