ISSUE-2236 (preserve-3d): Resolve Painter's Model with respect to 3d rendering, z-index [Module: Transforms]

From: SVG Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:36:51 -0400 (EDT)
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-2236 (preserve-3d): Resolve Painter's Model with respect to 3d rendering, z-index [Module: Transforms]

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2236

Raised by: Doug Schepers
On product: Module: Transforms

Per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009JanMar/0148.html

[[
* There is an extremely important feature to 3d transforms that you
haven't discussed. In CSS Transforms we call it transform-style:
preserve-3d. Without this it is difficult to meet your requirements of
nested 3d transformations. On this point, I suggest you write up your
rendering model. As far as I can tell, this is the most important part
of applying 3d to SVG. What happens to the painters' model? Do things
closer in Z space draw in front, regardless of document order? What
about elements in adjacent siblings with different Z? Do you flatten
at group containers? Do objects intersect?
]]