text-ws-02-t and nbsp glyph

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 17:59:48 +0100
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

I wonder if the text-ws-02-t.svg[2] test is correct.

The testcase text-ws-02-t.svg[2] uses the SVGFreeSansASCII font, which doesn't have a glyph for the nonbreaking space. This causes a fontswitch in Opera, and the second line therefore looks different from the first line.

Should an SVGFont claim to have the nonbreaking-space glyph even though it doesn't if there is a space glyph?

I think the test should either not use nbsp or we need to add the nbsp glyph to the SVGFreeSansASCII font.

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/text.html#WhiteSpace
[2] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/text-ws-02-t.svg