Bounding box when textArea width or height is set to 'auto'

From: Niklas Hagelroth <niklas.hagelroth@ikivo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:03:48 +0100
To: "SVG Working Group WG" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Hi SVG WG,

Can you please confirm our interpretation around getBBox on a textArea
element which has width or height set to "auto", since that is not
specifically mentioned anywhere in the specification.

Our interpretation is that the actual bounding box of the "layed-out"
text should be returned, NOT (x, y, infinite, infinite). Do you agree?

Also, all other values than "TOP|LEFT" for text anchor & display align
will disable rendering when width and height are set to "auto"?

Cheers,

Niklas Hagelroth