Re: SVGSVGElement inheriting from ViewCSS (ISSUE-2232)

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:23:06 +1000
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Cameron McCormack:
> > Why does, in SVG 1.1, SVGSVGElement inherit from ViewCSS?  Shouldn’t
> > ViewCSS be implemented on AbstractView objects instead (i.e., window)?

Jonathan Watt:
> Yes. That looks like a mistake to me, and even if it's not, I think we should be
> consistent with HTML. (It would be weird to require 'document.document' to exist
> anyway.)

Looking at SVGSVGElement a bit more, why does it also inherit from
DocumentEvent and DocumentCSS?

It seems that SVGDocument is already declared to inherit from
DocumentEvent.  It probably shouldn’t have been defined to inherit from
DocumentEvent, rather it should’ve said that all SVGDocument objects
must also implement DocumentEvent.

We should state that the SVGDocument object must also implement
DocumentCSS.