RE: SVGSVGElement inheriting from ViewCSS (ISSUE-2232)

From: Alexander Adam <alexander.adam@examotion.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:26:02 +0200
To: "'Cameron McCormack'" <cam@mcc.id.au>, <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
hi,

> Looking at SVGSVGElement a bit more, why does it also inherit from
> DocumentEvent and DocumentCSS?
>
> It seems that SVGDocument is already declared to inherit from
> DocumentEvent.  It probably shouldn't have been defined to inherit from
> DocumentEvent, rather it should've said that all SVGDocument objects
> must also implement DocumentEvent.
>
> We should state that the SVGDocument object must also implement
> DocumentCSS.

Yeah my vote for that. In Renesis we do actually let SVGDocument inherit
from DocumentCSS and DocumentEvent and the SVGSVGElement just forwards to
it.. however it's still very weird as you actually get DocumentEvent /
DocumentCSS functionalities on nested svg elements as well which does make
even less sense.

Alex