about test script-handle-201-t.svg

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@enst.fr>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:21:47 +0100
To: SVG Working Group WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

Hi again,

The test script-handle-201-t.svg contains the following code:

    <xe:listener observer="r1" event="mouseover" handler="#handler"/>
    <xe:listener observer="r1" event="mouseout" handler="#handl"/>

    <handler xml:id="handler" xe:event="resize" type="application/ecmascript">
      flipVisibility();
    </handler>

    <handler xml:id="handl" xe:event="resize" type="application/ecmascript">
      florpVisibility();
    </handler>

So each handler has a listener and an xe:event attribute. Which one, if any, has precedence ? We think the spec does not cover this case. We initially interpreted that the handler could only execute when an event of type 'resize' was generated. From this test, this is obviously not the intent. We think the spec needs clarifications ?

Cyril
--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Mutimedia/Multimedia Group