W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > October to December 2008

Minutes, October 28, 2008 telcon

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:11:32 +0100
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.ujqg3oangqiacl@gnorps.linkoping.osa>

Minutes available here:

  http://www.w3.org/2008/10/28-svg-minutes.html

or in text format below:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                   SVG Working Group Teleconference

28 Oct 2008

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/28-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          ed_work, heycam, anthony, NH

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          ed_work

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]About animate-elem-225-t.svg,
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008OctDe
            c/0293.html
         2. [5]ISSUE-2166
         3. [6]ISSUE-2163
         4. [7]telcon time change
         5. [8]ISSUE-2163
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <shepazu> 2022

   <trackbot> Date: 28 October 2008

   heh

   <shepazu> I should be done with the Disposition of Comments today
   (first draft)

   <heycam> oh, great

   [10]http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=28&mo
   nth=10&year=2008&p1=188&p2=240&p3=239&p4=-1

     [10] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=28&month=10&year=2008&p1=188&p2=240&p3=239&p4=-1

   [11]http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=4&mon
   th=11&year=2008&p1=188&p2=240&p3=239&p4=-1&iv=0

     [11] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=4&month=11&year=2008&p1=188&p2=240&p3=239&p4=-1&iv=0

   <heycam>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/mid/20081023005712.GH20693@arc.mcc.id.au

     [12] http://www.w3.org/mid/20081023005712.GH20693@arc.mcc.id.au

   <heycam>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/mid/20081023004437.GF20693@arc.mcc.id.au

     [13] http://www.w3.org/mid/20081023004437.GF20693@arc.mcc.id.au

   <scribe> scribeNick: ed_work

   [14]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#AnimationAttributesAndPr
   operties

     [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#AnimationAttributesAndProperties

   [15]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/animate.html#Animati
   onAttributesAndProperties

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/animate.html#AnimationAttributesAndProperties

   ED: so set didn't permit setting transform-lists in 1.1 either
   ... not sure what other implementations do though, we should test it

   CM: ok, I'll raise an issue for this

   ED: i agree it would be useful if set could set transform-lists

   <heycam> ISSUE-2166?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-2166 -- Animating @transform with <set> -- RAISED

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2166

     [16] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2166

About animate-elem-225-t.svg,
[17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008OctDec/0293.h
tml

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008OctDec/0293.html

   CM: I think saying the same for 'end' that is to say it's indefinite
   if it's invalid is the same as not having the 'end' attribute at all
   ... if there is a slight difference in SMIL
   ... we could say it's an unsupported value instead

   <heycam> ISSUE-2088?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-2088 -- Painting chapter mentions optional color
   interpolation space, which is not described anywhere -- RAISED

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2088

     [18] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2088

   CM: at the end of the painting chapter it says something about
   interpolating in some other colorspaces
   ... sounds like something from 1.1.

   AG: was added when svgprint extended svg tiny 1.2
   ... so that the spec can be expanded on
   ... CL and me changed this a year ago
   ... we were addressing some other issue I think

   <anthony> [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-svg-minutes.html#item08

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-svg-minutes.html#item08

   AG: if the wording needs to be changed a bit that's fine

   CM: maybe add "Tiny 1.2 does not require support for..."

   AG: I could add a note after the full stop

   CM: maybe Jon Cruz expected there to be some way in tiny to specify
   which colorspace to use

   AG: there is a property in svg print

   CM: so maybe say that color-interpolation can take other values in
   other svg specs

   AG: specs may offer an alternative color-interpolation colorspace

   CM: the optional part sounds like an authoring thing rather than for
   the user agent
   ... oh, color-interpolation doesn't exist at all in tiny 1.2

   <heycam> Future specifications may provide a means for specifying
   the interpolation color space.

   <anthony> Optionally user agents may use other specifications to
   specify an alternative interpolation color space.

   ED: future or past maybe, since 1.1 had the color-interpolation prop

   <heycam> Other SVG specifications may provide a means for color
   profiles to be provided in order to specify an alternative
   interpolation color space.

   [20]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2088

     [20] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2088

   [21]http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/

     [21] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/

   CM: i'll write proposed wording and send it to the wg list

   [22]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/products/11

     [22] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/products/11

   <NH> Hi, do we have a telcon?

   yes

   and hour ago

ISSUE-2166

   RESOLUTION: we leave set as it is for now in tiny 1.2, but revisit
   this issue in core-2

   <anthony> ACTION: Anthony to Respond to Cameron's email regarding
   ISSUE-2166 [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/28-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2341 - Respond to Cameron's email
   regarding ISSUE-2166 [on Anthony Grasso - due 2008-11-04].

   s/an hour ago/started an hour ago/

ISSUE-2163

   CM: worried that this introduces requirements for UA:s rather than
   being something that is just for AT:s
   ... we don't have any tests for popup help windows
   ... two concerns: one is that we're adding a new feature late, and
   two i'm doubtful that it fits in well with roles (would be happy to
   hear what aria/role people have to say)

   ED: pointer to spec?

   <heycam>
   [24]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/struct.html#RoleAttr
   ibute

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/struct.html#RoleAttribute

   CM: looks like it's a should and not a must
   ... so it would be hard to test it anyway
   ... the contexthelp role isn't one of the roles that the WAI people
   have defined, it's defined by svg
   ... so we started adding 'role' only but we haven't had any
   discussion on what roles svg might define

   ED: I agree it would be nice to have one place/spec for svg-defined
   aria roles

   CM: I think changes in this particular section was based on comments
   from the wai area people
   ... I'd prefer to have one of the existing aria roles as an example,
   if that was the purpose of having this paragraph about contexthelp

   ED: would be good to hear what DS has to say about this

   CM: right, I'd like to hear what the intention was
   ... let's put this on the agenda for thursday

   <heycam> Archived-At

   CM: is everyone ok with actions on the LC comments
   ... DS has the most

   AG: anything we can take from him?

   CM: asked him before and he didn't say

telcon time change

   <heycam> [25]http://mcc.id.au/2007/03/telcon/

     [25] http://mcc.id.au/2007/03/telcon/

   <shepazu> heycam, ARIA doesn't have a suitable role for contexthelp,
   "tooltip" is for the appearance, not the actual role

   <heycam> "tooltip" the role or the svg element?

   CM: note that the telcon time planner tool is based on the starting
   time of the telcon

   <shepazu> "tooltip" just means the popup infobox

   CM: it's not your availiblity, it's just when the telcon starts +
   1.5h from that time

   <shepazu> not the semantic meaning

   <heycam> role="tooltip" you're saying?

   <shepazu> correct

   <heycam> oh there's no <tooltip> element is there =P

   <shepazu> no

   <shepazu> I talked with Al Gilman about this, and he acknowledges
   the distinction

   <heycam> i'm happy with that distinction then

   <heycam> but i'm still a bit concerned about the requirements for
   contexthelp to produce some visual behaviour

   AG: so based on what DS says do we just need to fill in some wording
   then?

   <heycam> since none of the roles that aria defines do that, and (if
   i understand correctly, which could well not be the case) isn't what
   roles are for

ISSUE-2163

   <heycam> but it's probably easier to discuss this on thursday on the
   call

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Anthony to Respond to Cameron's email regarding
   ISSUE-2166 [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/28-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([28]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/10/28 11:59:36 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [29]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/an hour ago/started an hour ago/
Found ScribeNick: ed_work
Inferring Scribes: ed_work
Default Present: ed_work, heycam, anthony, NH
Present: ed_work heycam anthony NH

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 28 Oct 2008
Guessing minutes URL: [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/28-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: anthony

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/28-svg-minutes.html

   End of [31]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm


-- 
Erik Dahlstrom, Core Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
Personal blog: http://my.opera.com/macdev_ed
Received on Tuesday, 28 October 2008 12:12:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 28 October 2008 12:12:21 GMT