Re: Updated/split test

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:15:25 +0100
To: "Niklas Hagelroth" <niklas.hagelroth@ikivo.com>, "SVG Working Group WG" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:43:13 +0200, Niklas Hagelroth <niklas.hagelroth@ikivo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, Ikivo pass struct-use-205 revision 1.6.
>
> I'm still not convinced that the 4th subtest that is moved to struct-use-210 is corrected. Can you please point me to the correct section in the specification that proves this test correct?

I maintain that the struct-use-210 test is valid (even if it may be a bit tricky), and it was reviewed by a second WG member who also found it valid.

> Also, since the test is so complicated and hard to find evidence for in the specification I would like to see links to the tested specification sections in the tests description.

The normative definition for SVGElementInstance.correspondingUseElement is in SVG 1.1, which is linked to from the uDOM[1]. Also take note of the SVG 1.1 errata about liveness of DOM properties, which may play a part in this.

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__SVGElementInstance