Re: Non-Animatable Properties (was: Closing ACTION-2276)

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:57:19 +1100
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

Hi Chris and Doug.

Doug Schepers:
> > This seems to be an assumption in the make script that thinks that all
> > properties should be animatable.  I don't know if this is a spurious
> > assumption, or if perhaps we should examine whether that's true.

Although the warning comes from Robin’s attribute table appendix
generation script, which my main make script just reuses.

Chris Lilley:
> It seems to be an unjustified assumption.

Agreed, since these two properties (along with a couple of others) are
non-animatable in SVG 1.1.

> That warning does not have any spec to back it up.

I’ve just commented out that warning in tools/tables/makeTables.pl.