question about struct-use-205-t.svg

From: Andrew Emmons <andrew.emmons@quickoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:34:53 -0500
To: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>, "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Hello Erik,

I have a question about struct-use-205-t.svg, which is marked as approved in the upcoming testsuite.

For the last subtest ( the use with id="u3") , it is asserting that:

// If the nested use handler was executed then the rect element where the event originated has no
// corresponding use element anymore, correspondingUseElement will be null.

This makes sense, if indeed the test was removing the use element in the nested use handler ( use with id="nesteduse" ). However, this handler does not remove the use element, but rather the handler itself.

// Remove the handler, so that clicking again does nothing

It is my understanding that removing the handler only would not change the fact that the <rect> element is in a use or not.

If the intent was to test the removal, should it not be removing "nesteduse" instead?

Andrew Emmons
Engineering Director, SVG Business Unit
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
Quickoffice, BitFlash Division