Re: ODF 1.2 and SVG

yeah - its a sad story if you browse the ODF spec. They have chosen some
random SVG elements and added SVG attributes to their own elements instead
of re-using and extending existing SVG elements.

They should have taken the approach Inkscape had taken and extend SVG with
their own namespace - even creating new elements if necessary or adding
them in foreignElements as Jeff suggested.

I wonder if it is still possible to correct this mis-behavior - they
probably claim now that there are millions of ODF documents out there that
have to be compatible ;-(

They should have done it right from the beginning on.

I wonder what IBM thinks of this apparent mis-use of XML within ODF -
since IBM seems to be a big ODF supporter ...

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/