Re: showing SVG "behind the scenes"

On Nov 28, 2008, at 15:02 , Ruud Steltenpool, http://
svg.startpagina.nl wrote:

> It doesn't help that many people say/think SVG isn't used much.
>
> Maybe a 'SVG on the server' or 'SVG behind bars' logo can help just
> a bit.

I agree that poor perception of SVG's use is a major problem we're
facing, but I don't think that a logo will help, in most cases it
won't get used.

I'm not sure exactly how to go about this but I think we need to come
up with some form of page that says "SVG integrates so well into
existing technology you don't even know it's there, for instance..."
and then go on to list the likes of Google using it for its
visualisation stuff, mobile phone UIs, all that.

Part of the issue is that even developers who know about SVG don't
think that it's usable in the Web at large (if only because of IE). I
haven't had time to investigate but I think it's worth looking into
how Google does it, and more importantly into making SVG/VML/canvas/
etc. usable through YUI, jQuery, and friends; and raising awareness
about libraries in which it is already present and used.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/