Re: More on timing tests for browsers (including Chrome and i-phone)

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:54:33 -0400
To: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>
CC: public-svg-ig@w3.org

Hi, David-

Dailey, David P. wrote (on 9/16/08 2:30 PM):
> I realized that my previous note on this subject may have obscured the
> data (by wrapping it all in HTML tags):
>
> Here’s the same stuff, in a (hopefully) more readable form:
> http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/Benchmarks.htm

That's really interesting.  We should put that in the wiki.  I would
like to see more such tests, across a wider range of devices.

I'm particularly interested in how the iPod stacks up against mobile
devices using:
* Opera Mobile
* Opera Mini
* BitFlash
* Inkscape

Also, it would be nice to see how Flash/FlashLite compares.

Speed of animation (both script and declarative) and interactivity would
also be cool.

Is there anyone in the IG who would be interested in collaborating more
along similar lines?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs