Re: More on timing tests for browsers (including Chrome and i-phone)

From: <bhopgood@brookes.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:13:27 +0100 (BST)
To: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Cc: public-svg-ig@w3.org

David,

I used the same versions of Chrome, IE7 and Opera with a file of 210,000
quadrilaterals, that I just happened to have, using a reasonably fast Dell
XP PC:

Chrome/Win:  52 secs
IE/ASV: 47 secs
Opera/Win: 32 secs

The only weird thing was that Chrome started rendering polygons after 4
secs but what it rendered was hidden by later polygons. The time above is
when it completed the last polygon.

The scene was 47 3D chess boards on top of each other (I just took out the
animation commands ;-)).

Bob