Re: link navigation

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 06:46:53 +0900, Chaals McCathie Nevile
<chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> This is trivial to represent as a sparse table, although a little
> clunkier on the Web where table markup is pretty simplistic. You place
> the cost as
> row headers, in decreasing order. You place the number of deaths as
> column headers, in increasing order.
>
> Alternatively you make a chord graph, with the left-hand-side
> representing the total cost, and the right-hand side the total number of
> deaths. My current thinking on how to lay it out is to split the
> connectors into two pieces.
> If you keep the deaths/costs axes vertical and use quadrilateral
> connectors, I would split them into triangles (by diving the
> quadrilateral daigonally, from axis to axis, and then adding a line
> around the quadrilateral so the bounding box - and therefore the focus
> ring - covers the whole thing. You would be able to navigate up and
> down each axis, or follow a link from one axis to the other.

I made something like this, omstly just for thinking my way through:
http://svg-access-w3cg.github.io/use-case-examples/sparse-chord.svg

It shows there are some issues for making visual representation and
navigation match, especially when what I really want is a connector.

More thinking to comeā€¦

cheers

Chaals