Re: Co-chair

> Support for EMMA (FPR-4) was the second-most demanded feature of such an
> API, yet this group has been haggling since inception on whether we need
> such a feature at all.  It would be one thing if the arguments were part of
> a grass roots movement across the industry, but they are not.  The
> opponents are almost unanimously aligned under the Google flag which holds
> both the chair and editor positions.  This doesn't feel like a community.

Looking back at the mailing list archives, it is clear that most of the
questions about EMMA usage were raised by me and I am neither a chair nor
an editor. Adding more chairs to the CG isn't going to change this. To
their credit both Glen and Hans have been trying find a common language
among all the discussions.

Also note that all of my proposals and questions come from my web developer
background and such perspectives are something the group will get a lot
when taking the API proposal to the standards track.

What we clearly need is to get more web developers and UA vendors
participate, not more chairs or editors.