Re: graph keyword and exists and scope

> On 2016-06-17, at 21:10, Jeremy J Carroll <jjc@syapse.com> wrote:
>
> Given the interesting conversation about EXISTS, I have a slightly related question
>

>  select *
> { graph <eg:graph> {
>       ?s <eg:b> ?o
>       FILTER EXISTS {
>           ?s <eg:c> ?o
>      }
>  }
> }
>

> is the <eg:c> matched against the default graph or <eg:graph>?

given the definitions in the recommendation, {?s <eg:c> ?o } should apply to the given graph.

while the definition does not take the trouble to describe the meaning specific to forms, i have understood only
- {graph <x>  {graph <y> … } } to limit the scope
- {graph ?x … } to have scope limited by projection which did not include ?x
- {graph ?? { service … } } to limit scope

where, for the service case, i am ambivalent.

> I sometimes get results for this sort of query that surprise me, and so I tend to explicitly repeat the graph scope.

best regards, from berlin,
---
james anderson | james@dydra.com | http://dydra.com