Re: can subqueries be executed first in SPARQL?

Hi all,

interesting discussion...

First, let me say that I find the claim that something is "broken" here exaggerated.
EXISTS is defined in a semantically unambiguous way, it is just what it is.

The corner case about blank nodes is still quite interesting.

On a side note, we had proposed a solution for this problem in XSPARQL [1,2]
where we treated the problem of matching blank nodes in nested queries (cf. page 12 of [1]) in a manner that might rather reflect what you're looking for.

best regards,
Axel

1. Stefan Bischof, Stefan Decker, Thomas Krennwallner, Nuno Lopes, Axel Polleres:
Mapping between RDF and XML with XSPARQL. J. Data Semantics 1(3): 147-185 (2012)
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs13740-012-0008-7

2. http://xsparql.sourceforge.net/
--
url: http://www.polleres.net/  twitter: @AxelPolleres