typing and overflow

From: John Yates <john.yates@sparqlcity.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 07:59:29 -0400
To: public-sparql-dev@w3.org
Cc: Arthur Keen <arthur.keen@sparqlcity.com>
Coming from the world of statically typed languages I am trying figure out
whether SPARQL specifies a model of type determination within expressions.
C and C++ have a set of integral promotions and a rule that - in the
absence of a prototype - float gets promoted to double.  Those rules then
imply the boundaries at which overflow checking occurs.

Does SPARQL have anything analogous?  Does SPARQL acknowledge overflow?
Where would I find such notions specified?

/john

--

*SPARQLcity reshapes the world of big data.*
Immediately gain knowledge from NoSQL databases.