Extended support for time/duration functions and operators

From: John Walker <john.walker@semaku.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:19:53 +0200 (CEST)
To: public-sparql-dev@w3.org
Hi There,

Some work I'm doing and recent thread over on public-lod [1] got me wondering if
there is any plan to extend/standardize support for functions and operators on
times and durations.

For example to find things issued in the past 6 months:

PREFIX dc: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>
PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
SELECT ?s
WHERE {
  ?s dc:issued ?issued
  FILTER (?issued > (now() - "P6M"^^xsd:yearMonthDuration))
}
LIMIT 10

Currently many stores implement support for such features, but not in a
standardized way.
Seems to me this is an area ripe for standardization.

Is there a backlog of feature requests for SPARQL 1.2 anywhere that we can add
to?

Regards,
John

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2014Oct/0238.html