Relation between SPARQL OWL 2 Direct Semantics Entailment Regime and SPARQL-DL

From: Thorsten Möller <thorsten.moeller@unibas.ch>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 14:15:53 +0200
To: public-sparql-dev@w3.org
Hi all,

I tried to find information about the relationship between using SPARQL under the SPARQL OWL 2 Direct Semantics Entailment Regime [1] and SPARQL-DL [2], in terms of expressive power and their semantics. As far as I can see they seem to be quite similar, both syntactically and in terms of semantic entailment. Am I right that they can be considered equivalent, provided that one adopts the usual OWA and not(UNA)?

Thanks,
Thorsten

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-entailment/#id35809962
[2] http://pellet.owldl.com/papers/sirin07sparqldl.pdf