Geospatial Support in Triplestore Implementations

From: Wood, Jamey <Jamey.Wood@nrel.gov>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 13:14:43 -0700
To: "public-sparql-dev@w3.org" <public-sparql-dev@w3.org>
Is there any resource that summarizes geospatial capabilities in modern Triplestore implementations?  In particular, I'm looking for a Triplestore that:

  - Supports the import of geometrics in some standard format (preferably Well-Known Text [1])
  - Supports RDF data types corresponding to OpenGIS Simple Features [2] (including lines, polygons, and multipolygons—not just points)
  - Provides SPARQL extensions for geospatial operations

I'm aware of support for subsets of these capabilities in particular triplestore implementations ([3], [4]).  But so far I have not found a triplestore implementation that fully meet these needs.

Thanks,
Jamey

1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well-known_text
2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Features