Re: Implementations using "compositional semantics"

Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> Olaf,
>
> On 22 Jun 2006, at 11:15, Olaf Hartig wrote:
>> In a recent paper about "Semantics and Complexity in
>> SPARQL" (http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~cgutierr/ftp/sparql-ext.pdf) Perez
>> et.al.
>> mention two approaches to compute solutions for graph patterns - one
>> using a
>> procedural semantics and another using a compositional semantics. As a
>> real
>> implementation for the first they name Jena's ARQ. I'm interested in an
>> implementation following the second approach. Does someone, familiar
>> with the
>> paper, know of any?
>
> sparql2sql [1] implements only a subset of SPARQL, but that subset is
> evaluated using compositional semantics.

For Sesame [2] we (actually, mostly Arjohn) are currently working on
creating an RDF query object model in Java of which the components map
1:1 to relational algebra operators (actually this is very much based on
the work in the paper by Gutierrez that Olaf mentioned).

This is work in progress though, I'm hoping to share more details when
we've got the implementation ready.

Jeen

[2] http://www.openrdf.org/
--