Re: Clarify objections to JSON [was Re: Getting the group back on track]

Jason Robinson writes:

> AS2 is very ... large, but imho that is not all bad. It could be trimmed
> down, but then again it should have the necessary structures to compose
> messages with. The bad thing is the larger it is, the less implementers
> will be able to implement all of it. I can say for example for the needs
> of the current features in diaspora*, only a small subset can be used -
> the rest of it would just have to be ignored or parsed in to more basic
> structures (like I think Note would be the basic "status message", which
> could be a catch-all when something isn't supported).

Yes, keep in mind, you don't *have to* accept all terms in a vocabulary.
If you don't need the polling application information and have no way to
convey it, you could simply not render those activities in Diaspora or
ignore them.  You already conveyed that you might do such a thing, and
there's nothing preventing you from doing so.

 - Chris