Re: process request -- was: Using a Smart Client

On 03/07/2015 06:32 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:

>> On 7 Mar 2015, at 18:17, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 03/07/2015 06:05 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> Tanket wrote:
>>> " too much plumbing for v1."
>>> What is too much plumbing?
>> Henry, both Tantek and Aaron choose not to participate in this mailing
>> list, I recommend you discussing it with them over IRC
>>
>> you can lave messages there using !tell e.g.
>> !tell tantek let's talk about Using a Smart Client
>
> ?!?
>
> Sorry but participation in W3C WG requires all members to use the same
> mailing list. We can't just work over 20 different channels. What is
> written elsewhere, is not archived by the W3C and so has no weight in
> the process.
You could also meet on IRC and even use one time call bridge
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialig#Instructions_for_creating_a_one-time_call_bridge

AFAIK you can invite RRSAgent any time to #social IRC channel and it
will log the conversation
http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent

Henry, I can understand your frustration but also please understand that
Tantek, Aaron and other IndieWeb folks find mailing lists unproductive
and draining energy. IMO we don't have 20 but just 4 official channels:
mailing-list, wiki, IRC, tracker + telecons which gives us enough
flexibility to not force others to do something they really don't want
to do. And I know that you use IRC anyways :)

BTW on #indiewebcamp IRC i see Postel's law mentioned pretty often
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle
"Be conservative in what you send, be liberal in what you accept"

Cheers!