Re: normative references for microformats 2

On 07/28/2015 07:28 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> There has been some talk about using microformats as an input to some
> of the work in this group (AS2 examples, social API, possible W3C Notes)
This has been discussed by W3C and decided in conjunction with Wendy
Seltzer. Tantek discussed with TimBL and TimBL said that as long as MF2
distinguished stable from unstable terms, it was OK to reference
normatively.

> I have not been able to find a stable normative reference for the
> vocab that is machine readable in say the same way as:
>
> http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab

XHTML is probably not the best example of a success :)

> I think what would make it more attractive would be to have it eg
>
> - Under W3C namespace

That would be great but is not necessary. See above.

> - Perhaps at https://w3id.org/

That is no better than microformats2.org, as w3id.org is not anymore
approved by W3C (i.e. it has no relationship, despite the name) than
micoformats.org. We have to be fair here.
> It would be great to have some idea of a timeline on this too, as I
> think it may impact deliverables.
We realize you missed these discussions Melvin, but there's no reason to
go down them again.

  cheers,
      harry