Re: User Stories problem

I've added a number of entries to the proposed developer use cases. These
are all prefixed with "Integration : "  as they typically reflect the
integration of existing or planned applications with separately provided
Social capabilities, so it's possible that these could go into their own
section. I could have added 20 integration use cases to be honest as this
is where I've seen the most urgent requirements, which brings me to . . .
..

One thing I would like to discuss at the next meeting is who is the actual
consumer of the APIs. The vast majority of the use cases reflect the base
workings of a 'Social Platform'. An API for these is both useful in terms
of producing a variety of clients (and especially for mobile) and expected
for many integrations, but it seems to me that priority could be given to
use cases  where there is a likely interaction between two separate
systems. In many cases this will be just a 'slant' on a use case, but I
think it will affect the discussion

For example -
Like (Base feature) => [API] Like-object, [Implicit] distribution to
Activity Stream
Like (Integration) =>  As above plus . . .  [API]
Is-object-currently-liked-by-current-user, [Data model] communicating
visual representation of object, [Functionality] communicating
access-control

Much of the above comes up as soon as federation is mentioned regardless,
but not necessarily all.

I haven't added this to the agenda, as I can discuss it as part of the IBM
Connections item (where a lot of this feedback comes from),
Rgds,
-Bill.

Bill Looby
Software Architect, Dublin Software Lab, IBM Ireland
IBM UK & Ireland Technical Staff Member
Phone (Internal) : 515129
Phone (External) : +353 1 8155129
IBM Ireland Product Distribution Limited registered in Ireland with number
92815.  Registered office: IBM House, Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin
4.