Re: User stories for Social API

On 02/04/2015 03:37 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
>> Maybe for our next telecon you could sketch out an alternative vision, without a server-to-server protocol?
>
> yes, that is not difficult. When you say client you mean browser, when you mean server
> you mean a machine that is usually without a display, and that is constantly bound to
> the internet. In my world - the world of HTTP and APIs - clients and server are just roles
> that computers play. A computer program can be in server role in one moment and then client
> the next. One multiple core machines they can be both simultaneously.  So there is no
> server/server api. There can only ever be client/server relations.
I just started wiki page for Social Web Glossary[1]
I find it very important to clarify terms like:

1 App
2 Domestic Server
3 Foreign Server
4 Web Service

I see scenarios where Apps (running on your local device) use HTTP API
to interact with *domestic* and *foreign* servers. Also Web Services
(running on remote servers) in some scenarios can act as client, which
can use same HTTP API as mentioned front end Apps...

[1] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_Web_Glossary