Social Networking privacy and trust (file under "newly proposed" strategy)

From: Christine Perey <cperey@perey.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:25:43 +0100
To: <public-social-web-talk@w3.org>
Hi,

Just FYI, for those interested in privacy and trust in social networks,
policies and best practices, you might want to check out (or are already
aware of) a service called Global Lockbox [1].

I understand that the current thinking of many of the position paper authors
is that decentralization is good, centralization is "bad" but I challenge
you to make the case that this service is one or the other. Clarification:
it is not a social networking service.

It might be interesting (educational) to engage (before or during work on
privacy and trust best practices in social networks) in dialog with the
founders.

Geoff Brown is the CEO and Rick Hayes-Roth (who co-authored Radical
Simplicity: Transforming Computers into Me-Centric Appliances [2]) is the
inventor/CTO.

Christine

Christine Perey

PEREY Research & Consulting