Re: Consolidation of Task-forces

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Toby A Inkster wrote:

> Also, I've written to Sarven Capadisli, the user experience guy at
> identi.ca/laconi.ca. He was unaware that this incubator group was being set
> up, but I would expect him to be able to make valuable contributions,
> especially to the user experience task force.

There was a paper from identi.ca at the workshop, but I don't they came.
They should have been notified. [1]

> There are some other key people I'd expect to see involved in this group but
> whose names have been notable in their absence from the mailing list
> archives. For example, does Chris Messina know that the group is being set
> up?

Re Chris Messina, we have notified (or at  least tried to) notify him and
others [2]. Perhaps they are not aware we are  in charter stage? Their
input would be very useful.

> Unless people know that the incubator group is being established, it will
> continue to have problems finding editors. Passively waiting for them to show
> up is not enough - we need to get in touch with people who we think might be
> interested and invite them to join this mailing list.

Agreed. But I think the operative question is whether all
deliverables is 1) possible and 2) useful and how to get the people who
want to work on this from a standards-body angle in the room for a year
for exploration (XG) purposes. I believe the W3C is complementary to the
various work done with Diso, OpenSocial, OpenWeb, etc.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/msnws/papers/W3C_FOSN_Position_Paper
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/diso-project/browse_thread/thread/4df3caf6581b1b60

--
 				--harry