Re: Consolidation of Task-forces

On 10 Feb 2009, at 20:35, Harry Halpin wrote:

> The criteria for "reasonably deliver" is that these do not already
> have someone who wants to work on them, i.e. volunteer to edit.

I don't know what the criteria are for an editor (I'm not a W3C
member, nor likely to become one in the foreseeable future) but I'm
happy to co-edit any of the deliverables in the Landscape, Privacy &
Trust, Interoperability or Distributed Architectures task forces.
Many of these already have volunteers, though I note that the best
practice guide for security and privacy on portable social data is
still editorless, and that sounds like an area I'd like to help out.

Also, I've written to Sarven Capadisli, the user experience guy at
identi.ca/laconi.ca. He was unaware that this incubator group was
being set up, but I would expect him to be able to make valuable
contributions, especially to the user experience task force.

There are some other key people I'd expect to see involved in this
group but whose names have been notable in their absence from the
mailing list archives. For example, does Chris Messina know that the
group is being set up?

Unless people know that the incubator group is being established, it
will continue to have problems finding editors. Passively waiting for
them to show up is not enough - we need to get in touch with people
who we think might be interested and invite them to join this mailing
list.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>