RE: Consolidation of Task-forces

Tim wrote:
> >Instead of closing doors (by merging task forces and the like) we
> >should try to open them. Again, I understand your idea of doing
> >with what we have now. But since we don't need editors attached
> >everywhere, I strongly feel we should keep an open mind to let the
> >people who we are missing right now join in later.

>Harry replied:
> Perhaps more people from industry will e-mail the list with their
opinions?

It's a legitimate question. Tim and I have asked ourselves this many times
over the past three weeks.

Is there anyone on this mailing list reading from Peperoni? GyPSii?
Socialight? Vodafone? Yahoo? Nokia?  IBM? Microsoft? Ready People? Google?
Sun Microsystems? Opera? who is reading this message?

I'd like to point out that there is a very, very big event next week (Feb
16-19) which is consuming excessive amounts of bandwidth among the mobile
social networking and other "ecosystem" companies.
Perhaps most of the people on this list are from "pure" research groups so
an event of this nature shouldn't be a factor.

Harry replied:
>If you or anyone else do feel that more people would be interested, please
have them join the list and speak up.

Yes, this is one of the activities I have dedicated some time to already and
will continue to push in the future.

>If they do not join the list and speak up, I think it's unwise to assume
they will speak up at a later point.

I understand how history has led to our coming to this conclusion but could
it be a self-fulfilling prophecy?

If we narrow the discussion to topics that are of highest interest to parts
of the community, then others who could contribute on other (less well
reprsented) topics don't feel they are welcome or needed/have anything of
value to contribute.