Re: a common understanding of profiles

On 2015-06-26 01:25 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:
> Note this question was explicitly scoped to the Social Interest Group,
> as obviously profiles are going to vary alot across systems and only the
> most generic pieces of syntax. So, could we move this discussion there?
I think profile management (read and update) is one of our key user
stories for the Social API.
>>> Pick a data standard, and a way to find the profiles. Then, everybody
>>> implements that.
>
> +1 good to re-use a well-known standard.  Typically, that would be VCard
We have a pretty good "Person" object in Activity Streams 2.0 (that's
what I used in the example) which pretty well covers a Twitter- or
Instagram-level profile (Full name, username, bio, location, avatar,
additional links).

I'd think we should start with that and then enhance it with vCard as
necessary.

-Evan