Re: Finalized version of CTO Guide posted [via W3C Social Business Community Group]

Ann, your frustration with Word brings a chuckle and a cringe of pain remembered.  You will go insane trying to format the doc with multiple editors. Some people will use styles. Some people will explicitly format text.  Others will have their styles defined differently, so the formatting will change every time someone else saves the doc.

From my tech writing work at Microsoft I know enough to know it is an exercise in futility. If consistent formatting is essential, I recommend Open Office, a PDF editor or everyone using a simple rich text editor.

Cheers,
-David Hablewitz, PMP
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: "Bassetti, Ann" <ann.bassetti@boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 09:42:14
To: Alberto Manuel<bpm.tst@gmail.com>; Don Buddenbaum<buddenba@us.ibm.com>
Cc: public-socbizcg@w3.org<public-socbizcg@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Finalized version of CTO Guide posted [via W3C Social Business   Community Group]

Hi Alberto -

Yes, I agree.  In fact, Don and I have been exchanging mail and documents in the background.  He tried to accept my edits, plus add some, and something got messed up in the process.  I just sent him a new version last night (with my edits and comments), and hope we can get this sorted out.

Is anyone good at formatting with Word?  I nearly went nuts last night trying to straighten out a couple formatting bits.  This particularly has to do with sections.  aaargh

  -- Ann