ACTION-45 Tidy up the proposal to differentiate JNDI connection properties (proposal 1 of 2)

From: Rokicki, Derek <Derek.Rokicki@softwareag.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:16:26 -0400
To: <public-soap-jms@w3.org>

With respect to action 45:

I propose we add the following sections to the URI scheme draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-merrick-jms-uri-04.txt  Additional JNDI Parameters

It is possible that connecting to a JNDI provider requires additional
parameters.  These parameters can be passed in as custom parameters (see
Section 4.4).  To identify a custom parameter as JNDI specific, the
parameter name must start with the prefix "jndi-".

For example, if the JNDI provider requires a parameter named
com.sun.jndi.someParameter, you can supply the parameter in the URI as:
jndi-com.sun.jndi.someParameter=someValue  Performing a JNDI Look-up with Custom Parameters

Any custom parameters with a prefix of "jndi-" in the URI should be used
when establishing a connection to the JNDI provider.  Before passing the
custom parameter to the JNDI provider, remove the "jndi-" prefix as the
prefix is for identifying the custom parameter in the URI only.

For example, this JMS URI...

...instructs the consumer to use the following properties to connect to
the JNDI provider: