Re: [SOAP-JMS] content questions

Hi Roland,
For your first question below, I would like to suggest that instead of
mentioning anything about specific media types that need to be supported,
we simply defer to the SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 specs.   For a particular
version of SOAP (1.1 or 1.2), the "SOAPJMS_contentType" property on the
JMS message should behave exactly the same as the HTTP counterpart (i.e.
the Content-Type HTTP header), IMO.    I would think that most vendor
runtimes would use common code that processes the payload of the transport
message (HTTP, JMS, etc.) together with the content-type value, without
regard for which transport the message arrived on.   And for us to start
to specify particular media types, etc. would just open the door for the
SOAP/JMS spec to become out of sync with the SOAP/HTTP binding spec.

Phil Adams
WebSphere Development - Web Services
IBM Austin, TX
email: phil_adams@us.ibm.com
office: (512) 838-6702  (tie-line 678-6702)
mobile: (512) 750-6599