Re: Preparing to launch W3C site survey - 15 May

My apologies for missing the meeting yesterday. I will have a break from
Tuesday afternoon classes now and at least until June 25, but will be
unavailable again through mid-August. I am happy to work on tasks offline
when needed.

I went through the survey yesterday and it worked fine. I agree with Ian's
comments. I noted a couple issues in the comments section on my survey
answers. Main thing is the label "All Standards and Drafts" for /TR/
"Technical Reports." The term "Technical Reports" appears to be legacy,
while the label "Standards and Drafts" seems to be descriptive of what
people are looking for. There were a few questions that asked about
Technical reports, but I didn't see that phrase as a label anywhere on the
site, particularly on the main /TR/ page.

I expect there has been some research to support the newer label but wasn't
sure if the directory name would change to conform to the label? I find that
my mindset shifts when I think of Technical Reports vs Standards and Drafts,
even though I understand that they are the same thing, but can't explain it
that well. Maybe its an audience POV thing.

Noreen