Re: Prohibiting authors from disabling Pinch Zoom as failure for Reflow 1.4.10

Yeah, if all user agents had this feature it wouldn't be an issue in the
same way that there would be less text color contrast issues if browsers
ignored styling for text color.

We should definitely nudge user agents into setting that just as people are
trying to nudge user agents into supporting things like heading/landmark
navigation with keyboard. But until then, the responsibility is on the site
developers to avoid creating barriers by disabling zooming just as
developers need to provide skip links to avoid repetitive navigation links.

I would think that given the Silver goal of updating more frequently, we
would both encourage user agents while providing guidance to site creators
via methods. We could always retire a method if it became obsolete because
of changes to what user agents are doing.

luis