Re: Generalizing 1.4.12 Text Spacing Prototype for Silver (was Re: Invitation to test the Silver prototypes)

Hi Wayne,

I was under the impression that you had let font go in WCAG 2.1
because in July 2017 you wrote:

> There is too much work between now and close of changes to consider font
> family. So, I will let it go for now.
>
> However, after the 2.1 draft has gone forward I would like to take it up on
> LVTF again. This is because the ability to change font is a critical
> capability, and we have seen since 2008 that programmers can create
> unforeseen programming techniques that inadvertently remove important
> capabilities from the web.

Source:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-low-vision-a11y-tf/2017Jul/0006.html

Apologies if we missed your FontCompare and WebSafeCompare work. Now
is the first I have heard of WebSafeCompare. The first I was aware of
FontCompare was about a month ago when you posted it to the LVTF list.

Source:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-low-vision-a11y-tf/2018Oct/0003.html

As Alastair said in the 2.2 discussion "People can change fonts now"
and asked what is the content-requirement for designers & devs?
Source:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-low-vision-a11y-tf/2018Oct/0004.html

In any event, Silver may be a good opportunity to revisit font and color.

Kindest Regards,
Laura

--
Laura L. Carlson