Re: state of the art

Thanks, Andreas
Just finished watching it, and have embedded it in our pages

Why dont you make a video on faceted browsing if you have work done in
that area?

Questions (assume AB is on this list still, but anyone can answer) and
some thoughts tha come to mind,

1. is there a relationship between NLReduce and CE (controlled English)
2. assuming that these tools being discussed work with unstructured
information (not published on the web in rdf/owl) - does that show
that 'reasoning' can be done by the tool, not requiring the content to
be expressed in owl/rdf?
2a. if so, can these tools be used to create ontologies, if they
provided a functionality that allows users to add, say, axioms and or
translate the NL process into some level of formalised logic?
(I am referring to querix, for example, which allows users to select
statements such as biggest city by population vs biggest by area - if
expert users could interact with a tool, by browsing the web or
selected knowledge bases? - can an ontology be inferred using
the reasoning of an expert user if the tool is set up to capture the
inferences and match them against existing ontologies/KBases?
(I am thinking how can an ontology be captured/expressed without using rdf/owl)

3.  should we carry out this study (or similar ones) with interfaces
in different languages, and in different countries, and see if the
results are comparable? (this would come under the scope of our
current interest with the global perspective)

I have got more questions but they are still scrambled in my mind

PDM

--
Paola Di Maio
School of IT