Re: Semantic Suggestions please ... for oilit journal

Dear Adam and Neil (cc: others) ,

Thanks for your interest in Aduna. Let me explain briefly what we can
do for you. Aduna offers AutoFocus Server to disclose enterprise data
sources. Creating an exploration point for users in your organisation
can be done in the following way:

Step 1. Scanning
Scan data sources, like file systems, websites and e-mail servers,
with AutoFocus Server.  The result of the scanning process is 1) a
full-text index and 2) a metadata index in RDF.

Ways to configure or adapt the scanning process:
a. Custom connectors can be developed to connect to your enterprise
resources and systems.
b. The scanning process can be routed to external tools like Zemanta
or Opencalais. The output of these tools can be used in AutoFocus
Server again.

Step 2. Exploration
Create multiple front-ends for the end-user - called profiles - in
AutoFocus Server. Each of the profiles offers advanced faceted
exploration of the data scanned in step 1. A facet ('one side of
something many-sided') refers to a part of the description of the data
and is used as navigational mechanism. Example: the facet "Author" has
a list of author names; the user can select an author name to reduce
the results list.

Ways to configure or adapt the end-user front-ends:
a. Custom, enterprise specific facets can be easily made with a
declarative facet model.
b. The UI of AutoFocus can be adapated to customers needs.

If you have more questions, I am happy to answer them.

With kind regards,

Jeroen Wester

---
Aduna - Semantic Power
www.aduna-software.com

Prinses Julianaplein 14-b
3817 CS Amersfoort
The Netherlands
T +31 33 465 9987 (office)
---
Aduna - Semantic Power
www.aduna-software.com

Prinses Julianaplein 14-b
3817 CS Amersfoort
The Netherlands
T +31 33 465 9987 (office)

Op 2 okt 2008, om 18:43 heeft adasal het volgende geschreven:

> Hi,
> Well Leo seems we are like minded on this.
> But question.
> Munging through various systems how does one understand the other? I
> didn't quite get this. Say Aduna set to consume some RDF where place
> names etc are annotated, so 1. the annotation is in RDF, I didn't know
> this and 2. Aduna will consume RDF rather than just producing it?
> I have tried to import RDF in different forms into Aduna with varying
> degrees of success, so it has to be set up correctly, for sure.
> Also Aduna also lodges a lucene index against collections of
> resources. Not sure how this plays out in this scenario. Import RDF
> and index as single operation?
>
> Adam
>

> On 02/10/2008, Leo Sauermann <leo.sauermann@dfki.de> wrote:
>>
>> Looking at your question,
>>
>> .... people like computas.com, aduna-software.com, and
>> www.semantic-web.at do this as business for you,
>> I add David, Jeroen, and Andreas (from these companies) into the
>> mail,
>> maybe they love your challenge for Oil-It and can offer you
>> something :-)
>>
>> (friends, please forgive me for forwarding it to you, we just
>> happened
>> to meet last week and talked about similar projects ...)
>>
>> I think the first answer is:
>>
>> * munch it through Zemanta and get it annotated
>> www.zemanta.com
>> http://www.zemanta.com/demo/
>> * second: munch it through reuters/calais and get the rest of the
>> companies and places
>> http://www.opencalais.com/
>> http://www.opencalais.com/about/contentManager
>>
>> Then you got annotated documents,
>> which you could pipe into that one:
>> http://www.aduna-software.com/technologies/autofocus_server/overview.view
>> to get something like this
>> http://www.aduna-software.com/images/screenshots/autofocus_server/autofocus_server2.png
>>
>> or that
>> http://labs.punkt.at/
>> http://poolparty.punkt.at/
>> (a SKOS concept map with document search, may be down today)
>>
>> etc...
>> as said, above companies will happily provide it for you, and there
>> are
>> many more who would....
>>
>> best
>> Leo
>>

>> It was Neil McNaughton who said at the right time 30.09.2008 13:36
>> the
>> following words:
>>> Dear Semantic Websters
>>>
>>> Our website Oil IT Journal www.oilit.com has about a million words
>>> of
>>> reporting on oil and gas IT. It is moderately well organized
>>> stuff, but
>>> there are a lot of 'unstructured' items (such as company names,
>>> people and
>>> products) that I imagine could usefully be tagged somehow for
>>> discovery
>>> and
>>> reuse. I was wondering if this could be achieved by something