Re: SWUI Workshop at CHI? (was RE: [CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS] CFP CHI 2008: Workshop/Course submissions due 15 June)

From: Anupriya Ankolekar <anupriya@theoretiker.org>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:18:37 -0600
Cc: "Duane Degler" <ddegler@ipgems.com>, <public-semweb-ui@w3.org>
To: T.Heath <T.Heath@open.ac.uk>

Hi Tom, Duane and all,

I've been lying low in the list all this while, but I'd also be
interested in contributing time and effort for a SWUI CHI workshop. I
agree with Duane that we should try to align our interests with the
HCI community's interests. On the other hand, the HCI community's
interests can sometimes be a little 'localised' and focussed on
improving current ways of doing things. We should also somehow convey
that SW in some sense is a disruptive technology and will change
current ways of doing things online substantially. So, there is
massive opportunity for finding new challenges for HCI within SW.

Cheers,
Anupriya