Re: existing semantic models for normal conditions of metabolites in bodily fluids?

From: Jim McCusker <mccusker@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 18:50:16 +0000
To: Egon Willighagen <egon.willighagen@gmail.com>, HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
I've been using UBERON for anatomical parts and SIO's attribute/measurement
approach for metabolites, using CHEBI to classify the chemical types. The
sample (urine, for example,

:X a sio:Sample, UBERON:Urine;
sio:hasPart [
a CHEBI:Creatinine;
sio:hasAttribute [
a sio:Concentration;
sio:hasValue 2.3;
sio:hasUnit uo:ug/mL
];
].

I don't have the right URIs here for UO, UBERON, or CHEBI, of course.

Jim
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 11:19 AM Egon Willighagen <
egon.willighagen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm extracting some metabolite-disease relationships and the book I'm
> reading also lists normal concentrations metabolites in various bodily
> fluids for various age groups.
>
> For example, for Phe 0-1 years in serum it lists <80 micromolar
> ("newborns" is another age group, but most are like "x-y years").
>
> Has anyone encoded such information in a semantic manner already? What
> should I be reading?
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you,
>
> grtz,
>
> Egon