Re: aTag and conclusion sections from PubMed

Hi Richard,

Thanks for digging this up. As a reminder:  aTags = a convention for using
the SIOC vocabulary for the simple representation of scientific assertions
annotated with terms from controlled vocabularies.

The aTag website fell in disrepair when I left DERI (a fate of so many
research-driven projects...), but I will now work with Lena to bring at
least parts of it back online. So far, aTags were adopted in the context of
some research projects, but not on any broader scale or independent from
this group (at least I am not aware of it).

However, I will revisit aTags in the context of ongoing work (e.g.,
summarizing biomedical articles quickly to make research findings easier to
consume in time-constrained clinical settings). It might be interesting to
switch from the SIOC vocabulary to a very simple extension of Schema.org...
so far, Schema.org does not really cover this, but extending it would be
very simple.

aTags should be very simple to create, integrate and consume (you don't have
the problem of different ontology design patterns), so I can encourage you
to expose some of the data you are working on in this format!

Cheers,
Matthias