My Air, My Health Challenge announced at Health Datapalooza today

From: Bernadette Hyland <bhyland@3roundstones.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 10:42:43 -0400
To: HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, W3C public GLD WG WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
Hi,
Drs. Glenn Paulson (EPA Science Advisor) and Linda Birnbaum (NIEHS, NIH, National Toxicology Program)  announced this multidisciplinary challenge this morning.  A prize of $15k goes to each of the 4 finalists.  Winners will receive $100k.

"A multidisciplinary call to innovators to create a personal, portable, near-real-time, location-specific system to monitor and report air pollutants and potentially related physiological parameters."

See http://challenge.gov/HHS/372-my-air-my-health-challenge

On behalf of the Government Linked Data working group, we'd welcome the opportunity to discuss this at a future HCLS telecon (and vice versa) and see if we can't team some smart scientists with innovative developers who can leverage 5 star Linked Data to meet this challenge.

Cheers,

Bernadette Hyland, co-chair
W3C Government Linked Data Working Group
Charter: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/